Saturday, February 25, 2012

New Sims Info

Through Ancestry.com, Ruth Veillon and I have made contact. Below is her recent correspondence, which helps us go back one more step!

Hello Candice,

I wanted to let you know that I appreciated your response to my October 2011 message + your offer to share information. 

To get our connection, William B. Sims is my Great Grandfather. 

I see that you have info on 4 generations back for Exa Davis Sims. Great Grandmother Sims was living with my maternal grandmother, Alma Ruth Sims McIntyre, in New Orleans, at the time of her death. I remember Great Grandmother Sims - I was 14 when she died. I also remember Muriel Cleo Sims visiting in New Orleans. I believe that Muriel + Alma Ruth kept in touch. Uncle Curt (Curtis B. Sims) visited at my home in Lafayette, LA. 

I recently came across info that enabled me to fill out William Berkley Sims' Family Tree back 5 generations. You will be interested in this Sims' line. This is what I was specifically seeking, along with the Davis line. 

I was also seeking Sims photographs, for example, I was happy to find the Jane Savage Davis photo on Ancestry. I am fortunate to have a few interesting photographs left by my grandmother, Alma Ruth Sims McIntyre. In fact, one is dated Mar 6 1944, Tarrant Photo Service, Tarrant, Ala, of William Berkley Sims + Exa Davis Sims holding a photo of Robert Doster Sims. I also have a family portrait of the William Berkley Sims, Exa Davis Sims, Ornie, Agnis, Curtis + Alma as adults. I will place these on Ancestry when my printer/scanner is repaired + I can upload them.




No comments:

Post a Comment